President of IChO-48
Alexandre Jejelava, Minister of Education and Science of Georgia
Local Organizing Commission
- Dr. Tamaz Marsagishvili, Chair, Deputy Minister of Science and Education of Georgia
- Prof. Elizbar Elizbarashvili, Co-Chair, Association of Professional Chemists of Georgia, Agricultural University of Georgia
- Dr. Natia Ochkhikidze, Secretary, Agricultural University of Georgia
- Nino Tuskia, Head of International Relations and Programs Department, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- Lasha Saghianadze, Head of Economic Department, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- Nino Egriselashvili, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- Tsotne Kavlashvili, Deputy Minister of Finance of Georgia & Head of Treasury Service
- Archil Talakvadze, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Georgia
- Revaz Javelidze, Deputy Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs of Georgia
- Khatuna Totladze, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia
- Nino Berdzuli, Deputy Minister of Labor Health and Social Affairs of Georgia
- Levan Kharatishvili, Deputy Minister of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia
- Prof. Marine Chitashvili, Deirector, LEPL - Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, Ministry of Edication and Science of Georgia
- Giorgi Chogovadze, Head of the Administration, LEPL – Georgian National Tourism Administration
- Irakli Gvilava, Head, Department of Education, Sport and Young Affairs, Tbilisi Municipality.
Local Organizing committee
- Giorgi Zhgenti - Chair, Deputy Director, Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF)
- Elizbar Elizbarashvili - Main coordinator, Association of Professional Chemists of Georgia,
- Malkhaz Khoperia - Head of Department of Finances and Logistics of SRNSF
- Ekaterine Butliashvili - Head of Department of Law and Administrative Provision of SRNSF
- Mariam Iashvili - Deputy Head of Department of Law and Administrative Provision of SRNS, Lawyer.
- Nino Machurishvili - Main Specialist of Department of Law and Administrative Provision of SRNSF, Lawyer.
- Gia Khatisashvili - Professor of Agricultural University of Georgia
- Kakha Didebulidze - Associate Professor of Agricultural University of Georgia
- Revaz Korashvili - Associate Professor of Agricultural University of Georgia
- Natia Ochkhikidze - Senior Scientist of Agricultural University of Georgia
- Tea Mzhavanadze - Head of Office of Public Relations of SRNSF
- Maia Kajaia - Head of Office of Science Communication of SRNSF
- Irakli Gulua - Main Specialist of Department of Finances and logistics of SRNSF
- Lela Gudushauri - Deputy Head of Department of Finances and logistics of SRNSF
- Lana Shengelia - Main Specialist of Department of Finances and logistics of SRNSF
The Science Committee was assisting the excellent local team composed of the professors, staff and students of the Agricultural University of Georgia, Tbilisi. Experienced mentors who were not involved in national preparations formed a small advisory board.
Advisory team: Gabor Magyarfalvi (Hungary, problems editor); Alexander Gladilin (Russia, practical team chair), Wolfgang Hampe† (Germany), Manfred Kerschbaumer (Austria), Gia Khatisashvili (Georgia), JL Kiappes (USA), Igrar Nazarov (Azerbaijan), Peter Wothers (UK), Elizbar Elizbarashvili (Georgia)
Problem authors: Mikhail Beklemishev (Russia), Seth Brown (USA), Alexander Dubenskiy (Russia), Radha Jayaram (India), JL Kiappes (USA), Gyorgy Koczan (Hungary), Gabor Magyarfalvi (Hungary), Vita Nikitina (Russia, practical exam coordinator), Igor Sedov (Russia), Attila Villanyi (Hungary), Dmitro Volochnyuk (Ukraine), Peter Wothers (UK), Peter Zagyi (Hungary)
Other committee members: Peter Bolgar (Hungary), Marton Boros (Hungary), Kakha Didebulidze (Georgia), Natalia Dyachenko (Russia), Petr Holzhauser (Czech Republic), Dmytro Kandaskalov (Ukraine), Revaz Korashvili(Georgia), Bertalan Kovacs (Hungary), Savita Ladage (India), Gabor Lente (Hungary), Elena Lukovskaya (Russia), Andrei Marinchyuk (Russia), Katalin Osz (Hungary), Dora Palya (Hungary), Andrei Shved (Belarus), Nadine Szczepanski (USA), Tamas Voros (Hungary)
Travel of the foreign members of the SC was supported by the Taiwan IChO organization, Georgian organizers, Gedeon Richter Pharmaceuticals, Servier, Korean Chemical Society, Oxford Glycobiology Institute. All contributors were volunteers receiving no compensation.
Practical problems were selected paying attention to constraints (short time available, laboratory facilities) by a subcommittee (Elizbar Elizbarashvili (Georgia), Alexander Gladilin (Russia, practical subcommittee chair), Gia Khatisashvili (Georgia), Gabor Magyarfalvi (Hungary, problems editor), Igrar Nazarov (Azerbaijan)).
Candidates for theory problems were invited from many sources. 28 excellent submissions were received from 3 continents. We are grateful to every submitter. The advisory board selected the theory exam from this set without knowing the authors.
The selected task authors proposed further science committee members who helped in marking the exams. Science Committee members have themselves taken the exams as the students (mock exam), and the final tasks reflect their suggestions.